|HOPE AND DIGNITY|
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHERE HE HAS COME FROM
AND WHERE HE WILL END UP
|And now he has a new friend - our Country Director - Costa.|
Jenya is back in our lives and we are so pleased.
We have written much about this young man over the years. We first met him when he was around 14 or so. He was suicidal and needed a very serious surgery that had never been done in Kyrgyzstan before. A sponsor stepped up and followed the process and was a strong foundation for him for many years. The couple that sponsored him stayed closely connected to his surgery and his subsequent reunification to his birth family – after he turned 18 years of age. The husband of the couple has since passed into eternity to be with our Heavenly Father. We are forever grateful for their support through these tumultuous times.
After some time, Jenya slipped away from us ( we did not know his whereabouts) through a series earthly situations; our primary contact to get to him moved out of the country, Jenya left his parents home to work and live independently and as is common in Kyrgyzstan – phone numbers changed.
Then as only God can orchestrate – we are back in contact and are so excited. We were at Red River orphanage (this is where Jenya used to live) and we shared with the new director that we had lost contact with a boy name Jenya (told her a little of the situation) and were wondering if she knew him or of him. She immediately got on the phone and called in one of her staff – whom said she knew where he was and could reach him. She asked for our phone numbers she said she would see that Jenya got our numbers then he could make the decision if he would contact us.
Within about 2 hours we hear from Jenya. And as you might remember on a recent previous post – met him in Bishkek for lunch. What a wonderful reunion. You can read about that on an earlier post.
So now – once again we want to help this young man. He completed his ASSIGNED technical school – and this is never what he wanted. He wanted to learn to cook, but that technical school cost money and he had no one to pay for that. However through the course of time, he has landed a job in a bakery – where they make fancy cakes. He is not cooking, but works closely with those who do. HE STILL WANTS TO COOK – TO LEARN THE TRADE.
We asked him to get the details. Cost of the technical school, dorm fees, costs for supplies and what it would take for him to attend this school. At this writing we still do not know. However, we do know things here are so much less expensive than in the US or Canada. We are thinking ------just maybe------just maybe, there is a person, a family out there that would want to sponsor this young man. Here are some facts about him:
· He lives alone – pays rent of about $55 per month.
· His salary at the cake factory is about $120 per month.
· He has difficulty paying for everything….rent, transportation to and from work, clothing, food, utilities.
· His family was not able to fully accept him after 17 years in an orphanage. His mother is extremely distant and his father asked him to leave and live on his own due to the mothers’ issues with Jenya.
· He attends a house church and seems to be getting good council and discipleship.
· He is not willing to date or consider building a relationship with a girl due to the surgery and issues resolving around this situation. This is something he needs further council with.
· Jenya is very kind, keeps himself nice and neat and wants a future and a hope.
MIGHT COOKING SCHOOL BE A PATHWAY FOR THIS YOUNG MAN TO BECOME ALL THAT GOD HAS CALLED HIM TO BE? HE CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.
ARE YOU THE PERSON
TIME IN HIS LIFE?