AND BEING DISMISSED
CAN BE DEVASTATING
When Pastor Beauty Bogwasi told our team the stories of how seniors were being abandoned, stolen from, left without help to meet daily needs and neglected for long periods of time, she set forth to make a change.
#1: She initiated a feeding program - taking food to the seniors on a regular route and on a regular basis. She could not feed all the seniors who had the need for help, but she could do something for some of them...AND SHE DID.
#2: She gathered volunteers to help - someone to cook the food, persons to deliver it, transportation to carry volunteers and food.
#3: All done out of faith and following the command and encouragement noted in James 1:27.
Then ideas began to surface!
A DREAM TAKING SHAPE....
- What about a place for the seniors to gather
- Where they can get a shower
- Where they can meet with other seniors and talk, laugh and play
- Where a meal can be served to them as they sit together
- A place where they can make things, sing songs
- A time to pray and be prayed for
THE BIRTH OF THE SENIOR CENTER BEGAN TO TAKE SHAPE
She obtained land and started to DREAM OF THE CENTER