(robs a child of their springtime)
|WE HAVE WATCHED AS HER SPRING HAS RETURNED|
SHE IS LOVED, CHERISHED AND PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT
We have been serving children and families for most all our lives in one way or another. Yet for the past years, as part of the LAMb International team, we have focused on training and equipping those working directly with vulnerable and exploited children – as well as with families who are in crisis. We have been active in:
¨ Training Trainers
¨ Equipping Practitioners
¨ Encouraging Champions
¨ Finding Advocates
¨ And doing direct services where emergencies surface for help and more.
We have seen amazing returns where children have been able to stay in their families, returned to birth families, been adopted and where workers have changed their old practices to ensure quality care for children who have been ROBBED OF THEIR SPRING due to neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and emotional abuse.
Yet the problem is so big –so many things are needed to prevent children from being ROBBED OF THEIR SPRING and sometimes it feels overwhelming.
Then out of the blue something wonderful happens to remind us that it is all about that ONE!
- The one robbed that is now successful,
- the one robbed that is about to get out of prison and has hope once again and a commitment to do things differently,
- the one that was robbed and walks forever with a limp – but can walk and mother her child,
- the one that was robbed of his nine family members (murdered) and still sees hope in his future,
- the one that was robbed when no one believed the horrific abuse she was experiencing by her uncle and today is married and happy,
- the one that was robbed of her spring when she was abandoned at a garbage dump and is now doing well in University,
- the one that was robbed ….
- .yes the stories continue in our minds – forever burned deep into our hearts.
We have seen the pain, sorrow, hopelessness. AND we have witnessed the return from the frozenness to the hope and acknowledgment that a child has had their SPRING RETURNED..... when they come to know their HEAVENLY FATHER and to know and understand that they are a precious son or daughter of the King of Kings. Yes, we have seen both sides – the Spring and the Fall.
The most important is the Spring that is returned in a way that only He Can Return. A SPRING ETERNAL… A HOPE ETERNAL.
Why do we do what we do? Why do we train tirelessly to help others carry forth new knowledge and skills to work with vulnerable, orphaned and exploited children?
BECAUSE WE BELIEVE AND WE HAVE SEEN!
THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING WITH US.
We are heading to Kyrygzstan tomorrow morning – pouring into many youth whom we have watched their SPRING RETURN. What a blessing.
JOIN US IN PRAYING FOR MORE SPRING TO RETURN!