STAND UP AND BE BOLD...
TO BE INTERMITTENT
LAST WEEK - I woke up to feelings that just overwhelmed me. So many needs, so much chaos, and a sense of being so inadequate to walk forward and fight the fight. It really became about me for a short period of time - I am sorry to say:
I don't have the skills to help
People don't understand how hard this is
Most people don't understand the hurts out there
I am not able to communicate our needs
I cannot raise the needed funds as I am not a skilled fundraiser
On and on......
THEN I PRAYED EVEN HARDER - Lord, help me to be fully compassionately involved in what you have called us to do, what you have skilled us to do. Take the worry, the stress, the moments of doubt and bury them forever.
THEN I BEGAN TO PONDER THE WORD - INTERMITTENT - and came to understand that many who are not in full-time ministry are "INTERMITTENT" in their involvement with those who are. They sometimes pray for us, support us and remember to send us a word of encouragement. We need them! We want them! And we appreciate them.
AND THEN I RECALLED THOSE WE KNOW THAT ARE "COMMITTED" - who are prayer warriors, faithful in giving, regular in encouraging emails: just dependable. I was reminded that how in those many dark moments in the mission field, that we would wake up feeling so alone and in those dark moments, our Heavenly Father reminded us of those who did care - remembered and were there daily praying, supporting the work and were encouraging.
YOU SEE - IT IS NOT REALLY ABOUT ME OR US - IT IS ABOUT THEM - THOSE WE SERVE, THEIR NEEDS, THEIR CRISIS AND CHAOS and it is about caring deeply enough to become involved to care for those situations that breaks the heart of our Heavenly Father- so - many times we have prayed about each of these needs, etc - knowing the needs are great, the hurts beyond imagination and we have prayed - "Lord, break our hearts for what breaks yours." Well the reality is we are not strong enough to handle this! We cannot take on the HURTS OR THE CRASHING DOWN OF THE WORLD alone.
We need YOU! We can only intermittently experience such feelings of being overwhelmed by the needs - or we ourselves will crash. It is each of you that gives us the courage to
STAND UP AND BE BOLD - AND REFUSE TO BE INTERMITTENT!
Here are some ways to STAND WITH US:
1. keep us on your prayer lists
2. read our blogs, our FB and give us feedback, let us know you pray
3. donate regularly or intermittently
4. support one of our university students -$600 a year (we need support for 2)
5. monthly support for our Kyrgyzstan University student outreach projects, the work with the graduating orphans, the ongoing humanitarian help for the youth and families we have helped return home
6. help support one of our Dayspring girls into a special education program - $3000 a year
7. mo. support for the senior project in Maun, Botswana
8. mo. support for the feeding program in Maun Botswana with the church - Tower of Refuge
9. mo. support for the education program in Khwai, Botswana
10. sponsor a training program materials - about $200 per training
Ask us what the present needs are - and pray for the provision to come forth. Join us!