MY HOME YOUR HOME
this really has meaning in Kherson
KHERSON, UKRAINE - we were so honored to serve for My Home in Ukraine. They are a model of what can happen when families work together for the support and encouragement of adoption. MANY CHILDREN HAVE HOMES AND FAMILIES BECAUSE OF THEM. And what do they do?
- RESPITE CARE FOR EACH OTHER
- MAKE EMERGENCY CALL WHEN CRISIS ARISES IN A FAMILY
- SEEK AND SUPPORT NEW ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
- TRAIN AND TEACH ONE ANOTHER
- ATTEND TRAINING TO CONTINUE DEVELOPING THEIR SKILLS IN WORKING WITH CHILDREN WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED TRAUMA
- SPEND TIME TALKING TO ONE ANOTHER
- AND MORE....
Our part has been so small. We have worked with them for two different family retreats - teaching the adults and the children, giving presentations of support ideas at training events for them. Yet, we hope to do more. Of course the question is always - "When can we have you back?"
Let's pray for the fall - to return and continue doing our small part - teaching and equipping. More and more children moving into a HOME. Making one more step toward a UKRAINE WITHOUT ORPHANS!