FIRST EVER ADOPTION CONFERENCE IN UKRAINE
We are excited to be partners in conducting an adoption conference in Ukraine. We will have in attendance for three days - over 75 couples from across Ukraine who have adopted a child. Adoption in Ukraine has a law of secrecy and for adoptive parents to "come forth" and admit they have adopted is an unusual behavior. However, again and again parents we have met say they are so excited about their family and feel wrong to be hiding the fact that they have created family through adoption. This message was the catalyst to our conference. Here are the details:
1. Joined with Father's House, CBN, One Hope, ILDC/Adopt Ukraine, to conduct a conference for and with national adoptive parents.
2. Asked Ed Dickson from Loads of Love to be our MC - He said "YES!"
3. The date is April 24-26, 2010 in Kiev, Ukraine.
4. Terry Meusen from US CBN; Jayne Schooler from Ohio and others will be our key note speakers.
5. Lynn and I will do a workshop on Behavior Management.
6. We will give away lots of literature, books, etc.
7. The press will cover the event.
8. We WILL MAKE HISTORY IN UKRAINE.
And we need your help. If this conference is exciting to you we could use your support. We are facing a small shortfall - about $5,000 for the conference. We have raised over $30,000 for this event already. Might this be something you want to help in promoting? If so, please go up above and hit our blog button. Thanks so much.
The LAMb Team