FAMILIES BEING PREPARED TO ADOPT CHILDREN IN KYRGYZSTAN
DR. TATIANA - DIRECTOR OF THE BABY ORPHANAGE A GREAT TRAINER
NURSE AND SOCIAL WORKER LEANA ANOTHER GREAT TRAINER
KYRGYZSTAN, FEBRUARY 2010
We are excited to announce the following training for prospective adoptive parents in Krygyzstan. We trained four trainers last fall and they are now completing the second training for prospective adoptive parents. Why is this exciting? See the following:
1. Children are getting families who are being prepared for their special needs.
2. We have four talented trainers who are committed to preparing adoptive parents.
3. The Baby Orphanage director is one of our trainers.
4. We now have a team of trainers we can send out over the country to do training.
5. THEY WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE and they are NATIONALS!
6. Finally - this is a completely NEW activity for Kyrgyzstan - before they would be able to adopt in just two weeks with NO preparation. What a change.
When we completed the last training of prospective parents - each family said they were so happy they were able to receive this training to help them. Then they all said the most incredible thing....each family committed to sharing with their child from the beginning about their adoption. No secrets, no shame and no hiding. Adoption is a WONDERFUL WAY OF BUILDING FAMILY.
The LAMb Team