SHARING WITH CHURCH
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STARTS
COSTA'S GOAL - RELATIONSHIPS!
OUR LITTLE ONES
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM NOW BEGINNING TO BE DEFINED!!!
We are so pleased with our newest team members - Costa and Olga. As many of you know, Costa has taken the position of Country Director for Kyrgyzstan for LAMb International. Olga has accepted the position of Residential Director for our programs/projects in Kyrgyzstan. Both Costa and Olga come to LAMb fully equipped and prepared to make a difference.
They shared on Sunday with our local church about the opportunities, process of application and interview times to become a volunteer for Dayspring. This is a beginning. The team also spent time with local leadership - talking about what different needs exist for the children of Dayspring. The leadership shared with them - how pleased they were with such quality and skilled people caring for Dayspring.
And already they are being asked by our local Mayor's office to work in partnership to make a difference for children, elderly and families.
We have many potential ways to grow and continue serving. Working in partnership we continue to examine the requests from the leadership responsible for Social Work in Tokmok:
- A Round Table Creating Awareness of Child Abuse with subsequent training to local professionals who work with children and families
- Working with Local Children's Clinic - bringing furniture to replace broken down waiting furniture where the "mom's to be" wait
- Helping Social Services work through how to set up secure funds for graduating orphans
- Developing a volunteer program to serve with our Dayspring program and project
- Designing and implementing Jeremiah Project - to serve the graduating orphans who find themselves without any resources or family to help - often lost to the streets
- And potentially helping local leaders to stabilize their efforts in bringing elderly into shelter for the winter
- This and MUCH MORE....
We are so pleased to see our team making a difference - being called upon to serve and being creative, ready and professional to create sustainable strategies that help children and families.
GREAT JOB TEAM!