Monday, October 8, 2012

SIBERIAN LEADERS IN TRAINING


Buriatia - Siberia
The City of Ulan Ude

Leadership training started today and very early I could see the eager learners we were going to have here in Buriatia.  

Shashleak in Siberia!

Then we all went to lunch together.  As we approached the restaurant, this caught my eye.  It is a shashleak booth!  We often head out of the city of Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan for shashleak - and here it is again in Siberia.  However, my group said I MUST try their national Buriatia dish Boza.  It is called Boza in Buriat language and Poza in Russian language.  So, I ordered this - and to my shock when it came it was my favorite Krygz dish - MONTE.

OH MY WHO REALLY OWNS POZA, BOZA, MONTE?  THEY ALL SAY IT IS THEIR NATIONAL DISH!!!

No matter, it was delicious.


Some of the local culture.

Back to work after lunch.

Each leader here has a major responsibility in the different districts of Buriatia - helping children and families.  We have a woman who works on a kids hot line, another who supports foster parent projects and others who support and help workers in the districts who work with crisis families.

WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL

A WORLD WITHOUT ORPHANS

Oh Happy Days!

No comments:

Blog Archive