Friday, April 26, 2013

OH WHEN THE SON SHINES....

REALLY ENJOYING THE MOMENTS WE ARE GIVEN...

Participant sharing a learning moment.

When the heart breaks, there is the hope for the dawn, the sun does rise again and one can see the glory of morning, the freshness of a new day.

Being a missionary and a humanitarian worker is like that.

Your heart is torn all the time, you dream and cry, you cry at stops along the way.  You ask yourself why, how, when.  Yet, at any given stop along the way someone has just the word that reminds you of the why, how and when.

One such stop along the way has been the words of different persons in training.  Yesterday a participant (a national) said to me, "I can, I really can."  I know that does not seem like much to many, however to hear those words meant a lot to me.  You see she works on a crisis line and wants to help others learn how to do this.  When she is on the crisis line, she influences many, but she said, "If I train others, I can influence so many more."

We call that SUSTAINABILITY

Yes, we are to show up!

STOP - for the one in front of us.
LOOK - through they eyes of God.
LISTEN - to how the Holy Spirit would lead.




No comments:

Blog Archive