WHERE DO WE BEGIN?
1. KAZAKHSTAN - CAPACITY BUILDING
2. DAYSPRING - RENOVATIONS AND LOTS OF GIRLS
3. JEREMIAH HOUSE - RENOVATIONS AND GREAT PROGRESS WITH OUR GREAT GUYS
4. THE UPCOMING ADOPTION - ALL IN ORDER AND SOON TO TAKE PLACE
5. PERMANENCY - SHOWING IT'S FACE AND CAN HARDLY CONTAIN THE SMILES!
1. KAZAKHSTAN. Well, it was an awesome two weeks - 10 days of training professionals in the medical field from the PolyClinics. We have over 60 persons in the two days, doctors, medical social workers and psychologists. All working with crisis families and wanting to apply best practice social work methodologies to their work. AND helping children to stay in families and not head to orphanages. PERMANENCY! CHILD NEED FAMILIES NOT ORPHANAGES.
This was 10 intensive days of training and my co-leader Chris Tappan brought a wealth of knowledge and skill to the training. TRAINING IS A CATALYST TO CHANGE!
|AWARDED a Thank You from the Department of Health.|
|Children Need Families - Not Orphanages|
|We can make a difference as Medical Social Workers|
|Testimony: "We will never practice the same way after this training."|
2. DAYSPRING RENOVATIONS AND OUR WONDERFUL GIRLS: We just received a new girl, 15 years old and coming from a hard place. She has joined five other girls and will also be meeting our 7th, 8th and 9th girls soon. Our girls are working hard in school and soon we will be facing summer vacation and the return of our oldest girl from Russia, where she is studying as a special award to be an exchange student for one semester! GREAT SUCCESS!
|NOW COMPLETELY FINISHED - GREAT NEW COURTYARD AREA|
AND FOUNDATION REPAIRED ALL AROUND HOUSE
|PIZZA PARTIES ARE ALWAYS A SUCCESS TO BRING TOGETHER BOTH JEREMIAH HOUSE|
AND DAYSPRING YOUTH
|OUR CHAMPION SEAMSTRESS - MAKING HERSELF A DRESS|
The schools sewing machines were all broken and this is the assignment! HOW?
Well, we have a sewing "gold mine" at Dayspring thanks to mom and others! Voila!
|And our CHAMPION SEAMSTRESS is the "go to person" for repairs. |
Yes, she is the one who fixes EVERYTHING! A real CHAMPION!
3. JEREMIAH HOUSE RENOVATIONS AND A FULL HOUSE OF AMAZING YOUNG MEN! We are so proud of our boys for so many reasons! First THEY ARE ALL PASSING THEIR SCHOOL COURSES! Secondly they are kind and respectful and are showing GREAT growth for maturity! Our newest boy, a 17 year old is studying at home to catch up his grade levels - he has only completed grade 6 - a big lad and will do best with this plan. Our college students - YES, PASSED!
One very sad situation is a former boy - who was arrested for breaking and entering and stealing. He was living with his brother/uncle and then put in jail - released and reoffended. Our JH boys have gathered up clothing for him and we have supplied him food, tea, shoes, socks and clothing in jail for him. We love this young man and will pray for a compete turn around to all that he knows and understands that is good, honest and healthy. He is a son of the most High and is greatly loved.
Yet we are so proud of our boys from JH to sacrificially give of their own clothing for their friend and brother who has fallen by hard times. PLEASE PRAY!
RENOVATIONS are underway at JH. We will have a new dining room soon - along with some additional great changes to make the house so much more comfortable! Watch for pictures!
|Omerbeck rescuing Sondra's Spinning Wheel Spindles!|
|Janybeck showing what we discovered in Sondra's barn! Cannot with to have Eagle's Nest up and working for|
the youth to explore, garden and enjoy some wonderful night time campfires!
|Chris joined us as we visited Eagle's Nest!|
4. ADOPTION SOON TO BE A REALITY! We have been working on this for some time. OUR first Dayspring little girl is going to her adoptive family soon. Imagine this - she is 13 year old!
WHO SAID OLDER CHILDREN CANNOT BE ADOPTED? Today we delivered some wonderful supports to her new family: a washing machine, new stove, microwave and two great folding tables for her kindergarden school. Mom has a school to help local village children prepare for school. Kg is costly for families and this offers a free alternative! We are so proud of this momma!
|Zuhra has some fund with the little ones while they install the new washer, stove and microwave.|
|Jeremiah House "papa" is leading the install for the new appliances! Our adoptive mom|
was overjoyed and in tears at the surprise and blessing for her family.
|Installed and ready to go. This adoptive mom will have her load lightened as a|
result of this amazing blessing.
5. PERMANENCY SHOWING IT'S FACE - CAN YOU SEE WE ARE SMILING? First, our reunification of our little family with the two boys coming out of an orphanage and our little girl heading home to her family. We have been working with them to help them all along and they are doing their part too....mom has serious arthritis in her hands and wringing out clothes she has to wash by hand was becoming extremely difficult! Blessing produced! A new washing machine! This family was just overwhelmed with this donor gift!
|This house holds a wonderful family that is working hard to keep their children home!|
No orphanage care for them anymore.
|And the new washer has arrived for mom!|
|Our Jeremiah House dad is installing the washer, while mom, dad and little guys|
see the wonder of a tumbling water display!
THEN THE BANYA THAT MEANS BATHING AT HOME NOT THE NEIGHBOR! Another Dayspring girl that has gone home - reunification and permanency for her!
|The new BANYA furnace - bathing now a delight!|
|Well, just checking out the BANYA with our family! It is an awesome new|
place for them to bathe.
|Might you say they need a new washing machine? NEXT? Wanna help out here?|
|Banya is in need of a new roof - maybe net...and to stucko the outside of the building?|
SO MANY THANKS TO YOU OUR SPONSORS
The LAMb Team