FAITH IS MOVING WHEN TOLD TO MOVE AND NOT ALWAYS KNOWING WHAT THAT MEANS - NOAH GOT INTO THE BOAT - PETER GOT OUT!
OLGA is in Budapest, Hungary. She is our Residential Director in Kyrgyzstan. Why is she there?
1. Learning how to work with children who have disabilities. This is additional preparation for our DISCOVERY PROJECT. First step was to send Larissa and Tanya to Alaska, and for them to return to begin training others in the home for men with disabilities.
2. This will expand our capacity in the country to work with families, seniors and children where disabilities exist.
3. We are preparing to start interviews for a couple of additional people wanting to become volunteers and work with us in our projects, and to go forth to Alaska and learn. Larissa and Olga will begin interviews once she returns from her studies in Budapest.
4. This was a FULL SCHOLARSHIP training that was applied for and received to have Olga attend this training. Tuition, travel - everything was covered. What a blessing.
Budapest - Olga's training time.
The puppies are growing....
LYNN AND RUBY headed to Simferople to start the marathon of training on Trauma. Amazing picture out the window near the destination - poppy fields galore! Oh what a beautiful sight.
14 hour train trek...
With about 200#'s of luggage! And Lynn found a place for each bag in our compartment on the train!
Group 1 - Kiev - 14 participants - Leadership - two days.
Group 2 - Simferople - 26 participants (foster parents and orphanage staff) - Trauma - two days.
Group 3 - Kherson - 51 participants (foster parents and orphanage staff) - Trauma 2 days.
Group 4 - Nickolaev - 16 participants (foster parents) - Trauma 1 day
Group 5 - Nickolaev - 48 participants (social workers) Trauma 1 day
To come: Kherson with social workers, Parents, Conference - Nickolaev Without Orphans and then back to Kiev for an all day team meeting with our Ukraine staff.
BACK IN KYRGYZTAN:
1. Life Skill Classes continue with great success.
2. Staff are preparing for the summer camp we are helping with.
3. Work continues with those youth preparing to graduate this June from the local state orphanage.
4. Cell Group at Jeremiah House continues.
5. Volunteer program is being refined.
6. Work with the local church will be continued to bring a stronger involvement with orphans.
7. Developing a plan to bring a mentorship program to Kyrgyzstan from Ukraine - one that will bring mentors one to one with children in the orphanage.
AND IN UKRAINE:
1. This Thursday and Friday - we are conducting a conference on Child Sexual Abuse.
2. Pastor David and Jayne arrive on Saturday to begin working with our ILDC trainers to prepare them to conduct training in the area of Trauma. The will then go on to Poland to do training on Trauma.
3. Working with Alliance Ukraine Without Orphans and with leader - Ruslan to define potential impact activities for World Without Orphans in Thailand where he will be in October.
We thank our team for their hard work and dedication to carrying out the defining scripture of LAMb - Ephesians 4:12 ."..to activate and equip...."
AND TO END OUR LITTLE UPDATE:
"Some risk like Noah and get into the boat - some risk like Peter and get out of the boat. Both are faith and you just need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit to know what you are to do - THEN move!'
(Thank you Carla Rogler for the foundation of the above statement!)