A CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAM
(5 intensive days - and a plan in place!)
CHANGE is coming and it is GOOD. With 5 different entities (centers - representing 273 children) here in Nicaragua, the mission of LAMb is being carried forward:
- Ephesians 4:12 - ...equipping the church for the purpose of ministry...
- James 1:27 - ...pure and undefiled religion is to serve the orphan and widow in their distress...
- Matthew 16:20 - ... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you...
With a team of committed and passionate leaders, LAMb will be working to help build a comprehensive Capacity Building Program with our Nicaragua partners to ensure the teams from 5 different centers are working to bring children to Safety, Permanence and Well-Being.
With a focus on Family-Based Care and a great partnership with MiFamilia, these centers are committed to change - progress - and efficacy in ensuring their programs are working towards the three goals mentioned for all their children.
And how will this happen?
1) Training system to be in place to meet the competency needs of all workers in the five centers
2) Internal system to ensure the transfer of learning with those working with vulnerable exploited and/or orphaned children, visible improvement of Life Skills, and trauma strategies being used
3) Development of a comprehensive plan to assess the present condition, identify strengths and apply strategies to address gaps and areas needing development, change or growth
4) Attend to the whole child: Physical, Social, Intellectual, Emotional and Spiritual Well-Being. Ensure strategies are there to attend in all five areas and noted in plans for each youth
5) Apply plans and strategies that all youth are on a Life Path for Success in Adulthood as they transition to PERMANENCY through reunification, guardianship, building life-long connections or transition to adulthood as sons and daughters.
Working together - tirelessly to ensure
SAFETY, PERMANENCY AND WELL-BEING!
|Brainstorming - WHAT CAPACITY BUILDING IS AND WHAT IT COULD BE
|EVERYONE HAS A VOICE TO DEFINE THIS
|THEN WHAT IS OUR STATEMENT THAT PULLS IT ALL TOGETHER?
|WE HAVE A DRAFT TO SHARE WITH OTHERS
|WHAT ARE OUR STRENGTHS TO ENSURE CAPACITY BUILDING
|WHEW - LOTS OF WORK - READY TO SHARE WITH OTHERS AND LEADERSHIP TEAMS