Wednesday, September 26, 2012

CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE CONFERENCE - A SUCCESS

 OUR UKRAINIAN DIRECTOR OF ILDC - OLEG

CONFERENCE TEAM
This conference was a coordinated event with the University of Management and Social Sciences of Ukraine.   Pictured here are the two teams.  (L2R)  Galina from the university, Max our Marketing Manager of ILDC, Oleg our Executive Director of ILDC, Dr. Georgette Constintineao our guest expert for the conference (she is from Ohio), Ruby, Natasha our Training Manager from ILDC and Luba with the university.


Once the conference was over, we joined together for a pizza feast at a restaurant called Mafia.  Interesting name for sure.

CONFERENCE UPDATE:  We have over 100 participants for the conference and workshops.   Georgette and I did workshops each being 9 hours of training.  Georgette covered the Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse and I covered the topic of Working with The Sexually Abused Child.  Both Georgette and I gave lots of examples and practical tips in working in this very serious subject.  After the conference we heard many people exclaim how they had never before been given practical tips for working in the area of Child Sexual Abuse.  Here are some of the comments which came after my workshop from individuals:

"I was sexually abused as a child and never felt I could talk about it.  I felt guilty and bad.  You have opened my eyes today to some very new thinking."

"We can use this information - we can actually take it and use it!  You have really helped us become more aware of how we might help a child who has been sexually abused."

"I know an agency that is exploiting children for sexual purposes.  I cannot remain silent any longer."

THANK YOU SPONSORS FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE  TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE 
ONE WORKER AT A TIME - 
WORKING WITH ONE CHILD AT A TIME!

No comments:

Blog Archive