Friday, December 16, 2011

Tis the season


Maybe it's just me? Maybe? Seems wherever I go I hear "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" and when I respond with Merry Christmas I seem to get that look. Not exactly sure what that look is, but it's something akin to 'get with it buddy'. Maybe it's just me getting a little older.
When I was looking for gift bags in a large retail store, 99% of them said happy holidays. One just had the word merry repeated again and again. As I began to reflect a bit, I wondered if somehow business and people had forgotten why there is a holiday coming up at this time of year. Or what is the significance of "seasons greetings"? Do we say seasons greetings when spring arrives or any other season for that reason. No, the reason for this season is special. Of course not everyone may believe in or participate in Christmas, but that does not change the fact that this season originates from and revolves around the birth of Jesus Christ. For me the greeting remains "Merry Christmas".

Lynn - who's calendar still says Christmas on December 25th.

No comments:

Blog Archive