UZBEKISTAN, TAJIKISTAN AND KYRGYZSTAN
LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN BISHKEK
Participants from across the borders!
- Three days of training - starting today for these leaders. Coming from three countries, working together on their own leadership skills. Lynn conducted day one today and is ready to go for the next two days as well.
- Mom on the other hand continued with her sewing lessons and taught one young girl - who shortened a skirt, made two pillow cases and a sheet for her bed. Good day teaching for mom.
- Ruby worked through some details on a a real estate situation - not yet resolved. More on this later.
- Checked on Galya - she is getting the treatment she needs for her burns from the family who is caring for her. She is unable to bend her legs and is completely bed confined. Not good. Keep up the prayers. We are so thankful for the support for this work
- Heard today the dental work is all covered for our Jeremiah kids....over $700! Thank you sponsor!
- Shopping trip scheduled for today for the clothing for the babies - delayed - likely not happening until Wednesday - helping out our friend in the ministry with clothing for babies they are repatriating from Russia - moms who are Kyrgyz and had babies there - leaving them and returning home without babies. Sad situation.
- Tomorrow - more training, more sewing lessons and more preparations for the Fall conference for Kyrgyzstan Without Orphans.
- Preparing to add two more Life Skill classes for each week - making four classes each week - wow - this is awesome. We now will be meeting EVERY 8th grade and 9th grade student from two different orphanages (every week!!!!!!!) - keeping tabs on them from the minute we meet them.
- Preparing to hire a full time Jeremiah Project Child Advocate.
- Upcoming tutors for Jeremiah youth - the boost might just be the help they need.
DESPERATELY NEED A NEW VAN FOR DAYSPRING
FINALLY - this is a holiday week here. NO SCHOOL.
TWO OF OUR JEREMIAH YOUTH (OMERBECK AND SLAVIK) ARE APPRENTICING WITH A MECHANIC THIS WEEK! WOW....THIS IS LIFE SKILLS IN ACTION. THEY CAME HOME TONIGHT AFTER A FULL DAY - EXHAUSTED - SAYING - A SHOWER AND BED IS ALL THEY NEEDED. TOMORROW THEY WANT TO RETURN AGAIN!
WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR ILDAR FOR TAKING OUR BOYS AS APPRENTICES.