JEREMIAH HOUSE - HAS THREE RESIDENTS - THREE YOUNG BOYS
Gulnara said to the boys - "if you get bad grades because of NOT doing your homework, no pies in the evening." Well, they love her pies - so here they are doing homework. Maybe not happy about it, but certainly happy about the pies!
A LITTLE VIEW FOR YOU
THE BEDS HAVE NOT BEEN MADE YET
We ordered bunk beds for the rooms, but they are not yet done. However, children needed to live here and they found an answer - let's borrow beds for the time being and we will put the bunks in later. Worked, three boys in residence: Omerbeck, Alenbeck and Aziz.
PEOPLE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WE DID THERE RECENTLY - SO WE MADE A LITTLE LIST.
We were just too tired to remember the rest.
Oh and in the process we both had the flu. So, when you look this over remember who is the provider and sustainer! Our Heavenly Father gets ALL THE CREDIT. We just showed up and stopped for what needed to be done at the moment.
- Bought Jeremiah House
- Purchased rugs for home and had them delivered
- Ordered bunk beds for Jeremiah House and Jeremiah Drop in Center
- Purchased JH kitchen appliances and arranged for delivery
- Selected living room furniture and Mentor Mom staff furniture for JH and had it delivered
- Designed kitchen for JH, met with cupboard makers and ordered cabinets
- Over saw the installation of the kitchen
- Coordinated plumbing for kitchen and washer in bathroom
- Purchased all kitchen items, pans, dishes, etc and took them to JH
- Purchased all bed linens, towels, sweeper, etc for JH
- Purchased a washer and arranged for delivery at JeremiahDrop in Center
- Coordinated repairs for Jeremiah Drop in Center
- Coordinated electrical box changed at Jeremiah Drop in Center
- Coordinated a new water system for Jeremiah House, including drilling a new well
- Interviewed potential candidate for Jeremiah House, hired staff
- Interviewed and hired new person for replacing present staff - a new Child Advocate
- Visited Kemin Senior Center, taking food, slippers and Dayspring children with gifts
- Had a big Christmas dinner with about 30 of our helpers and team members at Dayspring
- Participated in joint Christmas party with Beikut children and Dayspring children, including two children from Red River orphanage
- Celebrated New Years Eve with Dayspring family
- Conducted two staff meetings
- Dedicated Jeremiah House - all staff included
- Dedicated Jeremiah Drop in Center - all staff included
- Delivered food boxes to seniors and crisis families
- Purchased coal for needy family
- Conducted special giving to children who are being sponsored
- Spent time visiting Kemin seniors with Dayspring family doing some performance
- Took 22 adults and children to Bishkek to see the Nutcracker
- Meeting and hosting for a weekend of two women from Kazakhastan to learn more about Jeremiah Project
- Meeting with two individuals from Bishkek who are planning to start transition home for graduating orphanage youth - they wanted to learn about Jeremiah Project
- Meeting with a psychiatrist from Bishkek who wants to start an apprentice program for graduating orphanage youth - wanted to learn about Jeremiah Project
- Started the plans and scheduling for the spring training with SOS villages and others
- Started planning for a 2013 conference for Kyrgyzstan Without Orphans
- Visited Jessica's family and delivered food for Christmas
- Developed agreement for mayors office concerning Jeremiah Project
- We both Fought the battle with the flu and our Heavenly Father WON
- Visited Hymanot and family in their home for a meal
- Enjoyed an evening with team members and helpers for a nice dinner together
- Coaching with staff about crisis issues with families of our Dayspring children
NEXT POST - RUBY IS IN UKRAINE DOING TRAINING AND WE WILL POST AN UPDATE ON THAT TOMORROW.
BE BLESSED AND DON'T BE ORDINARY!