WE BELIEVE - WE HOPE - WE PRAY - WE WORK TO REACH THE VISION!
The time in Ukraine has been very exciting - QUICK RECAP....
1. Completed training with key leadership - which was part three of a five part series.
2. Established a plan for a implementing a training for key church and NGO leadership who are working on the projects they have developed for moving toward a UKRIANE WITHOUT ORPHANS. Will develop the training, train leadership and develop trainers to carry forth the same training.
3. Established a plan for delivering a key trainng program to a governmental agency for their rehabilitation center, their crisis family/children's center and their shelter.
4. Established a plan to develop a key training for key leadership who meet together to make decisions on child placement, reunification with families, etc. Will develop the training, train trainers and complete the first training of the series before turning over to national trainers.
5. Committed to join a committee/work group to make a difference in how children are placed - for the quality of oversight for children in care.
COMING UP NEXT:
1. Judy Rycus from IHS in Columbus, Ohio is arriving to work with our ILDC team.
2. Board meeting of our Ukraine organization - International Leadership and Development Center
3. Meeting with key persons about future work with orphans, adoption and strengthening families
4. Lynn is working with the church in Petehotyke - a weekend conference and evening service.
5. And we return to Ohio on Wednesday...before heading back to Canada. We have two days of "tent making" in Ohio before we go home.
Remember - we believe ALL CHILDREN DESERVE A FAMILY - and orphanage care is not the best resource/option for children in need. Although the orphanages are needed for now, the only way change of placement will occur is to implement new and innovative options NOW. Watch the changes for Ukraine - they are happening. The movement is real.
We ALL ENVISION A UKRAINE WITHOUT ORPHANS.