TWO TREES STOLEN
11 PLANTED IN THEIR PLACE
"and the joy, joy, joy was down in our hearts,
down in our hearts to stay!"
We had an entourage of Jeremiah Youth today join us out at EAGLES NEST LIFE SKILL FARM...and we had a wonderful sunshine day of preparing the gardens, planting 11 new trees and lots of vegetables and flowers. Here is a recap of how life went today at EAGLES NEST.
1. PURCHASED lots of tools we needed for the garden - hoes, rakes, shovels, etc.
2. PURCHASED new trees - to replace the ones stolen from our garden.
3. MOVED trees that were left in the garden closer to the house where they could be watched.
4. PREPARED the garden for tomatoes, peppers, onions and more - of course, flowers too.
5. VLADY AND NURBEK came and put in the clothes line, rug beater pipe and grape climber.
6. VLADY AND NURBEK primed the steel posts - concrete is setting as we sleep!
7. JOHN WRIGHT dropped in unexpectedly and prepare the field behind the gardens - it is all ready for planting.
8. LAUGHED and argued - should we plant the daffodils in a row, in a circle or in a clump. The ones doing the planting won - and they are in a row.
9. LUNCHED together under the beautiful Kyrgyz sun and took in the amazing view of the mountains surrounding us - on the great table that VLADY built for us.
10. TIRED, smelling of smoke from the brush we burned today, we all headed home - except one girl who stayed on with Sondra for the night.
YES, life skills were in action today - along with relationship building, hard work and lots of fellowship fun.
THANK YOU SPONSORS AND PRAYER PARTNERS