WHERE WILL THE GRADUATING ORPHANS GO?
Jeremiah House is able to have 8 youth who are in need of a home - older youth with no where else to go. Right now we have 6 youth and room for two girls. Yet, our local orphanage is gearing up for spring graduation. About 20 youth....will graduate. What to do.
We cannot do it all, but we must do what we can so a plan is in place. Let make sure we know them well. Bring in - Larissa and Tanya. We are pleased to have them gathering data and spending time with them. In addition we have Katya doing some work along the lines of Life Skills. We have some great data from Tanya and Larissa that they gathered for us. We know their dreams, their hopes and their fears - those they shared only. Look at the hearts of these youth:
- little bear wants to study and be a cook, move to France and open a restaurant
- several girls want to move to Turkey - a dangerous dream as most trafficked youth are taken to Turkey - they have heard others go and they make lots of money
- one girl dreas of living with her mother
- another to be a good mother and a good wife
- one boy wants to grow children and give them a good education and a good life
- another wants a car
- another to be a builder
- several boys talked of having a family a home and being happy as a family
- and then.....
He said he had no hope - he has an illness that eliminates him from being allowed to study. He prays for recovery, to study and have a life. RADAR RADAR RADAR.
So, we have started a journey with the youth - will keep in close contact with them - with Larissa and Tanya taking the lead and being deligent to build what is most important at this time - A RELATIONSHIP. Remember these little one (yes they are adolescents) but they are called - they have a purpose and we must help them know they are the sons and daughters of the Most High God and precious children. We must show them love, respect and hope.
|Being served and Larissa sharing why we are there.|
|Drawing their dreams - later to share to the large group.|
|Our first group meeting - more to come. |
REMEMBER THE STATISTICS
1/3 MAKE IT - 2/3 DON'T
Let's change that with this group.