CALLING THE CHURCH TO ACTION
WE CANNOT REST UNTIL THE ORPHANS
IT IS ALL ABOUT BEING OBEDIENT
For the last several days LAMb has been in Nepal, along with World Without Orphans, and Christian Alliance for Orphans - ministering in the most beautiful mountain country in the world, meeting with key church pastors and leaders to draw together and create a shared vision and plan to address the ORPHAN CRISIS in Nepal.
- Nepal has over 650,000 orphans
- The poorest country in South Asia
- 75% of the street childen suffer sexual exploition
- Child marriage is common - A Unicef study reports that 60% of the Napalese women were married by the time they reached 18.
- Girls leave school and start taking care of their parents-in-law, working for their new family
- Nepal has 30 million people
By the time we all parted this morning, January 14th, we had a vision, regional plans and steps to carry forth and start making a difference for the lives of Nepal's orphans. Take a look at some of the action plans. It is both exciting and humbling to have been part of this planning process with our dear church leaders of Nepal.
|Group working on their vision and plan.|
|Taking the work and making a shared vision.|
|Time to make a plan - what will be done once back in the region.|
|The group shot at the end of the planning time!|
|They revealed this banner at the end - showing the commitment|
to make a difference in the life of the orphan!
|One regions next steps!|
|Another regions next steps!|
|We ended by praying over all the work that was done for the two days of|
visioning and planning.
AND THIS IS THE RESON!
|CHILDREN GROW BEST IN FAMILIES|
|MOTHERS FOR CHILDREN!|
|PAPA AND DAUGHTER|
THEY WAY IT SHOULD BE
|BABIES NEED MOMMIES AND DADDIES|
|LITTLE BOYS NEED ROLE MODELS|
NEPAL WITHOUT ORPHANS
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE