SUNDAY BRIGHT SPOTS
Just blessed with the message on Sunday - all about grace. And double blessed to have two of our Jeremiah guys show up to sit with us! The girls usually join us, one boy goes to a different church and well - there is more to the story, but just know it was a blessing that our one lad brought the second lad!
|Handsome lads, eh? Omerbeck and Slavik!|
Blessings for our day!
|And a great word from Lynn on Grace!|
We have many things to be thankful for. 2014 is opening so many new doors for LAMb here in Kyrgyzstan and across the globe. Many things to think about, pray about and plan for.
1. Lynn will be working with Costa to find just the right van for Jeremiah House this week.
2. Tracking 20 young people who will be graduating from a near-by orphanage in the spring. Where will they go? do they have any adult connections? what are their dreams and hopes.
3. Ruby is out of KG now and heading to Ukraine where she will be working with our team there - growing them, helping them become even more self-sustaining. We look forward to the day - we just go and visit them and they are totally carrying the work of ministry independently.
4. Then she heads to Nepal - speaking at a conference - encouraging the mobilization of the churches for the cause of the orphan, working with the World Without Orphan team and Christian Alliance for Orphan team. She will also be facilitating strategic planning there as well as in India in the poorest state of the country - Bihar.
5. Then she is back to Ukraine for some training and stragegizing for the upcoming conference sponsored by Christian Broadcasting Network - Ukraine, LAMb and others. We are expecting over 200 adoptive parents coming to the conference in April - a conference designed to help, support and encourage families to work thorugh the tough stuff! The families will all be Ukrainian adoptive families!!!!!
6. And then to Russia for more strategic planning in the city of Perm with an organization there that is busting through some great walls, equipping the nationals.
7. In February, Lynn and Ruby will be back in Kyrgyzstan until June. Too much happening to list it all now. (Realizing we have already bored you!)
JUST KNOW - THERE ARE OVER 153 MILLION ORPHANS IN THE WORLD
650,000 Orphans in Nepal
over 20 million orphans in India according to the most recent (2014) reports
AND KYRGYZSTAN? 6,000 OR 23,000?
UNICEF SAYS 6,000 SOCIAL ORPHANS, BUT IN 2009, WE SAW THIS REPORT BELOW. THE REALITY?
WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, CONSIDERING THE STREET CHILDREN AND THOSE ABANDONED, TRAFFICKED, AND JUST LOST TO THE AUTHORITIES. AND OF COURSE THERE IS THE VIOLENCE THAT LEFT MANY CHILDREN AS ORPHANS JUST A FEW YEARS AGO.
Number of social orphans exceeds 23 thousands in Kyrgyzstan
17/11-2009 14:08, Bishkek – 24.kg news agency , By Ksenia TOLKANEVA
Number of social orphans has exceeded 23 thousands in Kyrgyzstan, Aleksei Petrushevsky, Director of the Street Children Rehabilitation Center said at the briefing Tuesday.
SO WE HAVE A VERY BIG CHALLENGE AND THE CHURCH IS CALLED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
This is why we do what we do,
Orphans, Widows and Disabled
BELIEVING IN A WORLD WITHOUT ORPHANS