AS WE HEAD TO INDIA
We are honored to be heading to India to serve,
train and support the work of ministry to vulnerable children
and orphans. Yet the realities are difficult.
- Street children – over 20 million in India
- 59 Million have no access to school
- One our of two children between the ages of 6 and 14 has no access to primary education
- Out of the 27 million children born in India every year, 2 million do not survive to celebrate their first birthday
- About 60 million Indian children under the age of 6 live below the poverty line
- 500,000 children are forced into commercial sex trade every year
- 10 out of every 3 girls do not live to see her 15th birthday
- Every sixth girl child’s death is due to gender discrimination
- 53% of girls in the age group of 5-9 years are illiterate
- 5.2 million HIV/AIDS infected children
- 46% of children under 5 years of age are malnourished
Please pray for the ministry while there. Training those who work
with the most vulnerable - we will be training Trauma Informed skills and knowledge. Thank you so much for your support. The need is great!
"He told us how his brother went out for a walk and heard a baby crying at the corner - looking further he saw dogs chewing on the baby - still alive - who had been dumped off at the side of the road. Abandoned - tossed away like garbage. The baby was a girl - under valued by some in the society. He hit the dogs away and picked up the baby and got her to a hospital - too late."
We must go forth - educate, encourage and help those who can make a difference - one child, one family at a time. Training is a catalyst for change.