SEWING ROOM WILL BE READY SOON
FOR JEREMIAH KIDS
The youth at Jeremiah House and in Jeremiah project have a chance - a chance to learn, grow and develop and now we are ALMOST done with the sewing room for them. It has been a long awaited project - little by little getting done. Like many project - you think you have the final figures only to find you really needed about 1/3 more than planned... However ------ The furnace is going in now and we are so excited.
We leave for Kyrgyzstan the end of this month and let me tell you the THREAD WILL BE SPINNING on those sewing machines.
Ruby's mother is going over for the duration of the time Lynn and Ruby will be there - about four months. She is 85 years young and will be working with the youth teaching them to use those sewing machines.
Then we have already obtained a commitment from Zamir (who is a resident from the men's home for disabled men) to come and teach national crafts. Just imagine - the youth making things that represent their country - selling them to others - learning to budget their little endeavor and making spending money in the process. "YES, A WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF THEIR WAGES...."
BUT THAT IS NOT ALL....get this
- we will purchase fabric and teach simple seams
- simple seams mean we can make sheets and pillow cases
- sheets and pillow cases are desperately needed at the homes for the disabled (you remember the recent pictures!)
- our dear friend Zamir teaches - he is from the disabled home
- mother - an 85 year old woman teaches - she is the senior they work with
- then the youth DELIVER THEIR FINISHED PROJECT TO THE DISABLED AND POTENTIALLY THE SENIORS - SERVING THOSE WE SERVE
So what are we teaching?
Just being a good citizen!
DID WE MENTION WE ARE VERY EXCITED?
THANK YOU SO MUCH DONORS.....you are making a difference in the lives of these youth.