SERVING THE ELDERLY
CONNECTING CHILDREN WHO LIVE APART
Each and every day we work through questions – sometime problems are part of the question. How often we attempt to “fix” the question or problem. Yet again and again we are reminded that we have a Father in Heaven who cares deeply for us and for those we work with. He is the best one to resolve questions and problems.
Such was the case with the recent “question” we had for the travel of Larissa and Tanya to Alaska for their training at Hope. We saw the question – how to cover over $5000 of costs with just airfare, over $300 for visa’s, and travel funds for them – so they don’t head off with noting in their pocket. How do we help them carry on with the many different projects they have once they are gone for three months? Who will ensure Larissa’s mother is cared for? How will they manage the travel – landing in JFK, on to Minneapolis and then finally on to Anchorage? Will they be able to check their baggage all the way – transfer from airport to airport terminal, on and on. Yet – today we are breathing in praise and thanksgiving for all.
1. The flight costs have been fully covered/promised.
2. John and Julie will be in Kyrgyzstan on the 25th and they will walk Larissa through the entire process of travel. John will travel to the airport in Bishkek to ensure there are no problems at the airport there – get them checked in and ensure their luggage is tagged all the way to Anchorage.
3. We gave them suitcases when we were there last month.
4. The visa’s are in their passports – and paid for of course.
5. They will have spending funds to carry with them….we deposited those funds today.
6. Arrangements were made by Larissa for caring for her mother.
7. The many projects will be “guarded” by our staff and team on the ground in Kyrgyzstan….Costa, Olga, Madlin, Zukrah and of course Jayne and David arrive on September 4th – John and Julie will be there starting August 25th. Lynn will be in Kyrgyzstan in October – COVERED! Our TEAM will do their best to ensure the elderly, the disabled and the children whom Larissa and Tanya help will be visited and supported in their absence.
Someone said one time to us…”God’s Will, God’s Bill.” Sounded kinda rude at the time, but once again we have been reminded, “Where He directs, He provides!”
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT – AS YOU TOO ARE PART OF THE TEAM SUPPORTING THE ELDERLY, THE DISABLED, AND THE CHILDREN OF KYRGYZSTAN!