(The Dayspring Home, with our new foster family - Asel, Davina, Talant,and Melody.)
BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS -BREAKING NEWS
LAMb International opens Dayspring Family Life Resource Center in Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan!
Imagine for a moment, the trauma and fear of being dropped at an orphanage at the age of six—an ill-kept, cold, dark kind of place filled with people whom you do not know.
Imagine for a moment, the thoughts running through your innocent mind as you are ushered into a large room full of children sitting there staring at you. You are wondering if anyone will know where you are and will anyone ever come back for you.
Imagine for a moment sitting at a large table, surrounded by more children you have never seen, looking at a small bowl of something, wondering if this is all, will there be more and when?
You are now an orphan….and an orphanage is no place to grow up.
Yet, hundreds of children pass through the doors of the orphanages in Kyrgyzstan every year. They enter there with no preparation for separation from their family and no support for the flood of emotions that consume them. No one is talking to them about anything.
They are left to face an unknown future. NOW YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN KYRGYZSTAN! We are opening the first family foster home as a pilot project that is positioned to do the following:
1. Receive up to 10 children who will never see the doors of an orphanage.
2. Children will be met and loved by caring and loving foster parents - Asel and Talant.
3. Immediately our Child Advocate will begin working with the families of the children to work toward reunification where possible.
4. Immediately our Life Skill Specialist will begin teaching the children life skills which will help them grow and develop to becoming a wonderful young adult.
5. Where children cannot be reunited with their families an adoptive family will be sought.
6. We will work with churches to find adoptive families for children who are eligible for adoption.
7. Training for our church partner and for parents of our children in care.
8. Training for local and national government workers on child welfare best practice areas, such as assessment, child abuse and neglect, parenting capacity, recruitment of resource families and parenting skills.
9. AND SO MUCH MORE....
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
We have several partners - HOH of California who have generously donated the funds for the purchase of the home and for the renovations. Institute of Human Services, from Ohio for generous support and provision of training materials and publications. Mercy Foundation,from Kyrgyzstan for the opening of doors in various places. The government of Kyrgyzstan for agreeing that this project is potentially system changing and working with us to create a signed agreement of partnership. The church Cryam Bojay for agreeing to be our partner in this project, taking leadership for helping children and families of the Dayspring project.
These partners stepped up to the plate and said - Let's do this! We, LAMb International are moving forward, have purchased the home and are RIGHT NOW IN THE process of renovations.
NEXT, WE NEED YOU DESPERATELY:
1. Complete the furnishing of the home.
2. Monthly support to pay staff, care for the home and needs of the children.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP.....BECOME A LAMPLIGHTER!
We need 10 people who can help us at $100 per month.
We need 10 people who can help us at $50 per month.
We need 10 people who can help us at $25 per month.
We need 10 people who can help us at $10 per month.
MIGHT YOU BE A LAMPLIGHTER? LET US KNOW OR - OR GO ON LINE AND SIGN UP WITH OUR CANADA HELPS BUTTON. THANKS SO MUCH FOR CARING
(CHANGING A NATION - ONE CHILD AND ONE FAMILY AT A TIME!)