|ANYA IS VISITING WITH CHOLPON...|
THEIR STORIES ARE HARD FOR THE HEART
YET THEY ARE THEIR STORIES, THEIR HISTORY.
WE DON'T SHARE THEM COMPLETELY - IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN SOME PRIVACY FOR THEM.
YET WE WANT YOU TO KNOW AND LOVE THEM, AS WE DO.
Our 14th child (Anya) has joined us in Kyrgyzstan.
She is 12 years old and fitting right in. Our prayer is that we can get her with family soon. She has been through some very rough times and needs stability, safety and attention to her well-being. We are blessed to be the helping hand. We have 14 children in our care from the ages 7-18. Not all the children have sponsors. If you would like to sponsor a child, let us know.
LIFE SKILL PROGRAM...HELPING YOUTH PREPARE FOR LIFE...
1. We are also working with several graduating orphans hoping we can help them find stability upon leaving the orphanage. Costa has been meeting with them regularly, planning and seeking their desires for their future.
2. Jeremiah Project is open with lots of activity. Counseling, group meetings, residential support and VERY SOON, our first apartment for those orphans that are ready to begin the "practicing" of living more interdependently.
3. AND the Life Skill project in Red River is going GREAT. Our next step will be to continue to session 2 with this group and start another one at Red River. We will also start the courses soon at the local Chui Orphanage.
Sponsorship is $50 per month for each child. This buys clothing for school, pays for school activities and extra needs, helps with their medical care, dental work, birthday and Christmas gifts as well as extra food in the house.
Today David and Jayne start training with a group here in Kiev. Then on Wednesday they will start a three day training of content with our top trainers. All this work for the past many days and these future days are in the area of Trauma. Many stories have surfaced of how families and workers are given hope and help with this critical information.
David and Jayne will continue on to Poland as will our ILDC staff Oleg and Max. There, David and Jayne are the key note speakers at a national conference and the on to Warsaw to do training for three days with practitioners. They will be training Trauma there as well.
NEXT FOR UKRAINE..
We will be continuing with the leadership from the NGO's and Churches that are focused on gaining skills for their work. Next training for them will be in June - and we will do two groups at this time - starting a new group. In addition Ruby will be working with the national trainers - taking them to the next step.
We are thrilled to have trainers who are able to carry on with many of the programs we have implemented in Ukraine. That is the GOAL...NATIONALS DOING THE WORK!!!! Building sustainable activities that strengthen the country's families and children. All ensuring we do our part in the movement - UKRAINE WITHOUT ORPHANS!
- June training of leadership and work with trainers
- September training with church families in South Ukraine; working with parents who have adopted and social workers
FINALLY...VIOLENCE IN KYRGYZSTAN SUBSIDING...
It seems at this time the threat of an outbreak of national violence in Kyrgyzstan has subsided. The issue surfaced around the gold mine in the SouthEast that is owned by a Canadian firm. Nationals wanted to take it back. Short version - things seem to be under control at this time. And we are most thankful. Kyrgyzstan families have suffered greatly over the last years - 2010 was the violence that left the country devastated with deaths and destruction.