EXCITING TIMES - JUST FINISHED THE ADOPTION CONFERENCE IN OHIO - NEXT WEEK OFF TO UKRAINE
When you love this city and you love these streets......these are words from one of our favourite songs by Robin Mark. The song is called Revival and we sing it often when we are in Ukraine or Kyrgyzstan. It speaks so loudly of how we feel.
BUT THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU.....
1. OHIO - Completed the conference in Ohio - what a success. Our team member had a bright idea about a year ago. She (Jayne Schooler) wanted to offer the first ever faith based conference in Ohio for foster and adoptive parents. Yesterday was the completion of that conference. Over 240 participants - what a success. Key note speaker was Heather Forbes and she was AWESOME. So many people said it made a difference in how they would parent in the future.
2. UKRAINE - We are heading to Ukraine on Saturday - and we will have some announcements to make soon about some exciting activities there. We just want to say - stay tuned and know that the residents of Bari Ogli - are the focus of this attention. Bari Ogli has over 200 disabled men and women. Krivoy Rog has many volunteers that have been involved with the institution and they are ready for a TIME SUCH AS THIS - to make a difference, take a risk and see how we together can bring HOPE AND DIGNITY to many. Stay tuned.
3. UKRAINE - We are completing the leadership series next week - leaders from several different NGO's, churches, etc. This will be session five and the final session.
4. DAYSPRING - It is Candle Time - How about ordering some of the most exciting candles you would ever hope to light? We are blessed by the Lamplighter Orphan Care Ministry to be conducting their second annual fundraiser for Dayspring - Candles just in time for Christmas. Soy candles that are amazing. Contact us and we will tell you how to get these amazing candles in time for Christmas. $6 each. And EVERY DOLLAR GOES TO DAYSPRING. I am taking orders and will deliver the candles to you the week of December 19th.
5. PIE IN THE FACE CONTEST - Lynn has raised his $500 and gets his pie on December 3, 2011 at the Event for LAMb which is to be held at Mapleview Community Church in Barrie, Ontario. The question was asked - recently by one of our daughters. "Who gets the second pie if he raises another $500?" The answer HE gave was - "well of course Ruby." Now, I have to say - I did not say that - BUT FOR 50 MORE ORPHANS TO BE BLESSED - YOU BETTER BELIEVE I WILL TAKE A PIE!
ALL FOR NOW.......LET US KNOW HOW MANY CANDLES YOU WANT.....